4colored girls has been on hiatus but stay tuned for weekly posts. In the meantime, here’s a few top stories in colored girl america:
– Florida mom Marissa Alexander has been sentenced to 20 yrs in prison for firing a warning shot at her abusive husband. Yes, the same Florida that let a man walk free (and with his gun) after shooting a teenage boy dead. That same Florida.
– The twitterverse and blogosphere have remained abuzz since the publication of novelist Alice Randall’s NY Times Op-Ed
– CeCe McDonald, a black transgender woman who murdered a white man in self-defense, plead guilty to a lesser charge this week
– over at Ms., I’ve been remembering the L.A. Riots and Latasha Harlins
– Our hearts go out to Trayvon Martin’s mother Sybrina Fulton on this Mother’s Day. Fulton is channeling her grief into activism